The Rising is the first full-length feature drama about Easter 1916.
To celebrate our 10K + followers, we have a Twitter Competition on our account www.twitter.com/1916movie, thanks to our friends at The O’Brien Press.
One winner chosen at random will receive a free copy of John Gibney’s biography of Seán Heuston, part of their wonderful 16 Lives series. To enter, RT our tweet with the cover of the 16 lives book, and then reply to the Tweet with the book cover using the #1916Movie #Ireland #FF.
- Follow us on Twitter - www.twitter.com/1916movie
- ReTweet our latest tweet about the sweepstakes
- Reply to this tweet, using #1916Movie #Ireland #FF with your reply.
Contest was launched on August 22, 2014 at 8:00AM EST (1:00 PM IST/GMT) and ends TOMORROW August 23, 2014 @ 3:00 PM EST (8:00 PM IST/GMT).
ONE winner will be selected at random immediately after the close of the competition. An announcement about the winner will be made on our Facebook, Twitter and blog at www.therising.ie. The book will be sent via post.
We observe all of the guidelines that Twitter has set for its competitions: https://support.twitter.com/groups/56-policies-violations/topics/237-guidelines/articles/68877-guidelines-for-contests-on-twitter.
Other Terms and Conditions:
- Employees of THE RISING or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via [http://www.therising.ie]
- Closing date for entry will be [16 August 2014]. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and the prize for the winner are as follows: Further information can be found here.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen at random by an independent adjudicator.
- The winner will be notified by twitter direct message within 24 hours of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [Irish] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [Republic of Ireland].
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Republic of Ireland data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to The Rising and not to any other party.